Boyd Gaming CASINO/SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR in Biloxi, Mississippi
Assist with executing all promotion activities for the IP Casino Resort & Spa. Responsible for research, development and implementation of all special event and promotional programs to increase guest trial, encourage loyalty, increase retention, and attract higher worth guests. Assure that all information is entered into the computer for accuracy, profitable tracking and reporting. Supports events and communicates with spreadsheets including programs such as Acres, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experiences in event planning and marketing experience, preferred.
- Previous event planning and marketing experience, preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Close attention to detail and good proofing skills.
- Highly organized and flexible with changing priorities.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently.
- Must possess highly developed interpersonal skills to interact with co-workers and guests.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, (Microsoft Office Suite), Email and Casino rating programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a valid MS Gaming badge required.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets simple documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram forms.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
Department: IP - Special Events
Category: Marketing / Advertising / Sales
Position Code: IPPCDCS00
Status: Full Time