McKean Defense Personnel Support in Pascagoula, Mississippi
Tracking Code 2767-317 Job Description
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean's Fleet Introduction Project provides Pre-Commissioning Support to ship's Prospective Commanding Officer, Executive Officer and Department Heads for administrative and technical services. Fleet Introduction work is performed in an integrated support team environment that includes government and McKean Defense teams that work closely with PEO SHIPS, Supervisor of Shipbuilding and Repair, Shipbuilder, BUPERS, ISIC, Personnel Support Detachments, Regional Support Offices and the ship's Crewmembers. Candidate will provide Personnel support as follows:
- Assist Personnel Lead with monitoring crew arrival in accordance with the Crew Scheduling and Phasing Plan (CSPP). Coordinate and resolve administrative discrepancies, including enroute training associated with Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) travel orders directly with the Bureau of Personnel (BUPERS) and other Navy units as required on behalf of ships force and PMS 339.
- Support personnel management for personnel transferring into building yard.
- Support Training record maintenance
- Support Temporary Duty order preparation and coordination
- Manage the ship’s Plan of Action and Milestone Program.
- Utilizing MP&T; and NSIPS, track and create the following reports – Manning Summary, Personnel Status and Alpha Roster.
- Ensure command screening is completed by ship’s force before receiving an individual in NSIPS.
- Coordinate with Pre-Com Detachment (NORVA OR SDIEGO) to ensure loss dates are entered into NSIPS at time of transfer.
- Assist members in initiating travel claims for liquidation of PCS orders; make appropriate entries into NSIPS and other personnel data bases.
- Assist Personnel Office in obtaining travel through SATO at PSD Gulfport for members departing on PCS orders.
- Other duties as required of the position.
- Candidate will need to organize tasks and services and be able to work with competing priorities.
- Personnel support will need strong computer skills in the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access. Candidate will provide the Ship's Personnel Officer and Security Manager with programs, documentation and deliverables electronically during crew development through move-aboard.
- Data Base management is required to operate and update the Fleet Introduction "Milestones Plan of Action" Task tracking program, Joint Personnel Adjudication System and relational administration RADM files.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position.
- Experienced with NSIPS, MMPA, DTS and other Personnel/Disbursing applications
- Experienced PN desired
- Current secret clearance desired Required Experience
BS or High School Graduate or Equivalent and 6 years work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense Group is an E-Verify company.
Job Location Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 2767-317
Job Location: Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular